Journey to Our Chinese Princess

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Neglected!

I've kind of neglected our blog this week, but I stayed at my brothers Sunday night since we were to be at the funeral home earlier than planned and it would have been almost impossible to get from home downtown & then to my parents over to my brothers & then on to the funeral home. Since my brother lived the closest, I just stayed over night and thank goodness, my SIL is about my size, so I borrowed some clothes. Then also this week, I've been dealing with an ingrown toe nail. I went to my family doctor, who in turn referred me to a podiatrist. They removed part of the nail yesterday, so I should be starting to feel better soon. Actually, it is not bad compared to how it was when I had a bad ingrown toenail back in the 80s.

On the paperchase front, on June 14th, we got 2 copies of Kevin's birth certificates from MI. Geez, it took them over 2 weeks and that is with paying $10 for RUSH service in Vital Recordsa office! Who knows how long it would take if I didn't pay a rush fee. It's crazy that I got my IL birth certificate in less than 1/2 an hour and it cost over half what the MI ones did! I requested one other one that is going to have the great state seal applied to it. That will be the one that ends up going to China. On the website for getting the birth certificate, it says it takes 3 to 4 more weeks to get this done after it is received in theVital Records Office, so who knows when we will get the thing. We really need to start moving on this. This whole adoption process is a long enough process without me dragging my butt and procrastinating. I gues it's just kind of scary and the cost is scary also. But right now, once we are DTC (Dossier to China), the wait is then about 12 months to get a referral which is when you are given a couple pictures of your child along with information about her. After the getting the referral, it may take as long as 2 months until one travels.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Ouch! Ingrown toenail sounds horrible! Glad you are on the road to mend!

    Great job on getting Kevin's BC and the official IL sealed BC for yourself. Keep up the good work - don't let the procastination bug bite you - the sooner your get it done - the sooner you get to HOLD her tight!

    BTW, are you thinking about little girl names? How fun!

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    Go tomorrow to see the doctor to make sure everything's okay. Kevin & I have not yet considered names, but there's one name in particular that I love, Marissa!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey lady- leaving posts everywhere I can think of- CONTACT ME!! Think P and I are going to Crystal Lake on Saturday- you available?

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Thanks for the encouraging comments on my blog tonight! Good luck with your paper chase, and may you be DTC very soon, too! ;-)

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    Amber - I just e-mailed you at your yahoo address, since it is so late tonight. I hope we can get together on Saturday. It would be great to see you and Payton.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    Glad you stooped by Joanmah! I enjoy following along on your adventure. I see one of your interests are labrador retrievers. I love them. The last family dog my parents had was part black lab and my husband and his family have each had a black lab and yellow lab. When we eventually get a dog, it will be a lab or a golden retriever

     

Post a Comment

<< Home