Journey to Our Chinese Princess

Monday, July 03, 2006

Divorce Decree

I can't believe how spotty I have been in keeping up this blog. There just is not enough time to get everything done that I want to. Since Kevin & I were both off work and we needed 2 certified copies of his divorce decree, which was at the Winnebago County courthouse about an hour west of us. Earlier in the week , I had called them & was told they didn't know how much all the copying would cost, but to send $25 for each complete copy and they would send a check back to us refunding what they didn't need. Since I am a paralegal, this didn't sound right that it should be this expensive. When we went today to get 2 certified copies, it came out to $8; now that is a lot more like what I thought it would be. After all, it was only the decree (judgment), not the entire file. So we left with 2 certified copies and a lot more money than if I had mailed in the request with a check. Also, who knows how long it would have taken to get it in the mail. Our marriafge certificates came back within a matter of days. But his birth certificate took 2 weeks for certified copies and 4 weeks for a certified copy along with a state seal and then there was my birth certificate that I went to get in person & got right away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home