Journey to Our Chinese Princess

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Last Saturday, we went to a White Sox game against the Minnesota Twins. Although we were in nosebleed heaven, we were able to see really well. Here are some pictures. The first one is really pretty much the view of the infield from our seats. The others I used the telephoto.









We need to get back on track and start working again on the adoption. The money was a big thing, but we had our home equity upped and Kevin has spoken to several people, who have expressed to him that there is never a perfect time to bring children into the world. Always something will come up and if one waits until they know they positively can afford it all;, it never will happen. Also the wait time between DTC (Dossier to China) is increasing and is now up to between 12-14 months and may go up more. About a year or year and a half ago, wait times were about 6 months from DTC to referral. But the time could go down as quickly as it went up. Actually, I guess with a longer wait time, things would not be as rushed to get ready and one can work on getting more money over a longer time. Once we do finally have a home study completed, we can start applying for grants and then once we do have the adoption completed, there is a tax emtion that can be taken for I think up to 5 years or a somewhat over $10,000, which ever comes first.

Work has been as crazy as ever. More & more work - the workload just never decreases, but I guess that is good job security at least. I also finally got the last disc in the 1st season of The O.C. It is surprisingly a good tv show. A little bit more modern Beverly Hills 90210 (which I also loved. I am going to start watching Home Improvement. I never saw the show back when it was on ABC, I think or even later when in syndication. I don't plan though to do it like Prison Break; I think I'll stretch it out. I was really just trying to catch up before the show got very far into the new season. Now I just have to watch the videotapes of the last few shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home