Journey to Our Chinese Princess

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend Doings!

I was off Friday from work. I was going to take Thursday off too, but I have so much darn work that I decided to just work Thursday and take a day off in the future. After all, I'm taking a full week in early August when Kevin is off for 2 and a half weeks. I was also off earlt last month for a week and on July 3rd also. Maybe just a few days off to make a couple long weekends.

I slept in Friday to almost 8:30. It was great especially since the past couple days, I went in early to work and had to be up even earlier than usual to catch the 6:25 train. Kevin actually woke me to see if I wanted to go to Brookfield Zoo. As I was getting ready, it dawned on me that we had an appointment to get our taxes done, since back in April, we had to file an extension. So we got that done; owed Uncle Sam, but got it back and then a little from the State, so at least that's done. Just have to write out the check and mail it. We were told the direct deposit should come early in August, so will look forward to that of course. Unfortunately, it would be nice if it was more, but we haven't had a full year of mortgage interest and the previous owners paid the property taxes for the previous year, so next year, we will have property taxes too. Also, got ideas for a couple other things to keep track of.

So we ended up heading down to the zoo and picked up my mother along the way. All morning the weather was sunny and gorgeous. Sure enough, we get to the zoo and it starts drizzling. It had though been looking cloudy and overcast, but when I checked the hourly weather reports on the 'net, it showed no rain until 6, a good 4 hours away or more. But it was just a light on and off drizzle, so it didn't really ruin our day. I'll post some pics later; I better get the laundry out of the dryer and start dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home